日本全国の錦絵・写真等を紹介する新しい電子展示会「錦絵と写真でめぐる日本の名所」を公開しました。
Sanno Gongen Shrine
Back : Find on a modern map Back : Find on a detailed map of Edo Back : Chiyoda-ku Back : Sotosakurada Nagata-cho ezu
- Other Name(s)
- Sanno Gongen no Yashiro, Hiyoshi Sanno-jinja Shrine
- Current Address
- Chiyoda-ku, Nagata-cho
- Description
- During the Bunmei Era (1469-87), Ota Dokan enshrined the Kawagoe Hie-jinja Shrine as a guardian deity inside the Edo Castle. It became the ubusunagami (the protective deity of one's birthplace) for the Tokugawa Clan. The shrine was later transferred outside of the castle, and was relocated to its current location in 1659. The annual festival on June 15 was called the Sanno Festival (another name, Goyomatsuri or Tenkamatsuri) and was one of 3 major festivals in Edo. In 1869 the shrine was renamed Hie-jinja Shrine.